Your privacy is important to us. At Dragonfly Pet Concierge we want you to have the best possible relationship with us. Which is why we think our policies around your data, security and privacy, should be simple and easy to understand. The fact that we do not operate a mailing list, sell your data or engage in direct marketing are the first founding principles to our policy.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, nickname or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Emergency Data includes identity data and contact data of family members or any other person you have consent from to include on your forms, as well as veterinary information.
- Home Security Data includes alarm codes, information about your keys and any other similar security detail relating to access or security of your home.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes details of visits to our site, internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Communicated Data communications you’ve sent to us or we’ve sent to you (including email and social media) and details from previous bookings made.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. In some circumstances, we may inadvertently record Special Categories of Personal Data if voluntarily disclosed to us in email or over the phone (for example if you tell us you are ill and require our services due to illness). Under such circumstances, any Special Categories of Personal Data will be treated in accordance with your rights.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct correspondence. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Postcode, Holiday Dates or other information by filling in forms or by contacting us via social media, our website, post, phone, text, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Complete a contact form online;
- Register as a Client using our unique Contract and Information Pack;
- Provide details of any changes to your booking that you may notify us of
- Subscribe to our social media outlets;
- Communicate with us, whether it’s giving us some feedback, asking us any questions or providing us with any suggestions about our services.
- Continue your relationship by requesting further bookings or having us generate a Schedule of Care for any dates requested.
Data may be collected by Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties including Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers;
- advertising networks; and
- search information providers.
How and why we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests do not override that interest.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message from us. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us. We do not operate a mailing list or sell your data.
We collect data when you register as a new Client, the purpose of this is to perform the contract with you.
We collect data to manage our relationship with you which will include (a) notifying you about our services (b) performing all future bookings made after registration (c) asking you for a review.
We maintain our relationship with you in order to perform our contract, comply with a legal obligation or for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated).
We do not engage in direct marketing to your e-mail and do not operate a mailing list. We only contact our Clients to perform a contract or maintain our relationship. At key moments in the year we may need to send out an e-mail regarding our services in relation to availability or other purpose deemed important to the above. Clients may keep up to date with any ‘news’ via our social media or by contacting us directly.
Third Party Marketing
We do not sell your data, no company will be given or sold any information we hold on you.
Data Security and Storage
We have put in place appropriate security measures (including but not limited to passwords, safes, locks, device tracking and mobile device remote-lock or erase features) to prevent your personal data from being accidentally used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data from our contact forms found on our website are stored in our e-mail account.
- Data from our Contract and Forms are stored physically on paper and may be held digitally including where requested by the Client that the forms be sent to them as a copy electronically, when released to Clients in this manner they have full responsibility over keeping their own data safe.
- Data from social media which you have chosen to communicate is held within our social media accounts.
- Data sent via text message is stored on our mobile device and may be transferred between devices if needed.
- Data sent via messaging service is held within the service application.
- Contact details are held in our mobile device and may be transferred between devices if needed.
- Photos are stored in the cloud through Google Apps for business
- Data from Schedule of Cares are stored in the cloud through Google Apps for business
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of our contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our pet services). In this case, we may have to refuse service.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data by contacting us.
"We hope that you understand that unlike large businesses we do not unnecessarily collect data nor do we spam, sell or market collected data. The data we collect is only used to provide our services to you and in the loving care we give to your pets. It also helps us maintain our ongoing relationship and offer an efficient experience when making bookings"
Nicola, Dragonfly Pet Concierge